• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

New Pentax 65-EDII (1 Viewer)

GeorgeL

Just took delivery of a new 65-EDII straight. I paid $379 for it. Seems like new, old stock as it did not come in the newer Ricoh/Pentax box. Among the paperwork it included a notice of Hoya being the new parent company of Pentax.

I’m really liking this scope so far, tack sharp using my collection of Explore Scientific 82 degree EP’s which include 24, 20, 14, 11, 8.8, & 6.7mm. Now trying to see which one of these will be the primary EP for this scope. It’s between the 20 and the 14mm....and I can hold it pretty steady on the monopod.
I also have the 80-EDIIA which I’m also happy with. I don’t think I have a preference over angled or straight viewing, I like them both.

gcole

Just took delivery of a new 65-EDII straight. I paid $379 for it. Seems like new, old stock as it did not come in the newer Ricoh/Pentax box. Among the paperwork it included a notice of Hoya being the new parent company of Pentax.

I’m really liking this scope so far, tack sharp using my collection of Explore Scientific 82 degree EP’s which include 24, 20, 14, 11, 8.8, & 6.7mm. Now trying to see which one of these will be the primary EP for this scope. It’s between the 20 and the 14mm....and I can hold it pretty steady on the monopod.
I also have the 80-EDIIA which I’m also happy with. I don’t think I have a preference over angled or straight viewing, I like them both.

Hey George .... Smart purchase and you now have one of the best Quality to price purchases of all the 65mm scopes still available. I have owned many and still own one customized PF 65 AII which I will be selling because I do not use spotters anymore. Have fun experimenting with all the types of eye pieces your scope will be able to use.

Users who are viewing this thread