• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

New Pentax VD Series Binocular/monocular (1 Viewer)

Paskman

Supporter
I see that Pentax have just introduced a binocular that converts to both a monocular and a telescope. It's an interesting concept that follows on from their Papillo's

http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/products/binoculars/v-series/special/vd4x20sp.html

Last edited:

PeterPS

Interesting and original concept indeed, but I am not sure if many people are going to find it useful in practice. Also Pentax binos have rather narrow FoVs and the new 4x20s have an AFoV of only 40*.

lmans66

Out Birding....
Supporter
United States
Interesting....I like this idea. I can see someone interested in stars, nature...niking etc....as this would be a perfect portable little gadget.....

pbjosh

missing the neotropics
Switzerland
Interesting product, and it's nice to see a new / different concept. Perhaps I'd rather have a center focus 4x20 with a good field of view, the 40 degree AFOV and (apparently not fixed but rather) independent focus makes these less interesting...

John A Roberts

Australia
This is one of 2 new V series products recently released by Pentax (there is also a 6x18 monocular/ 18x microscope)
see at: http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/products/binoculars/v-series/

It’s a 4x20 roof prism binocular that separates to become:
- two 4x monoculars, or
- one 16x monocular

For convenience I've attached a copy of the specifications and some images

John

Attachments

• Specifications.jpg
    Specifications.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 4x20 Binocular.jpg
    4x20 Binocular.jpg