Does anybody know what NL stands for?
Perhaps they quietly moved production to the land of windmills during the pandemic
The forehead-rest appears to be an optional extra. How much does it weigh? And how much will it cost?
I also noticed a brush and bar of soap comes as part of the package for cleaning the out side of the binoculars. I wonder why?
.... The forehead-rest ....
And does it really help? ....
Jeez Lee !
Last time I saw a blue spin that strong was when I accidently dropped a box of Harpic cartridges into a flushing toilet bowl !! :eek!: :-O
1. Quite a few 7x and 8x porros made in the 50s-70s had FoVs of 11*, 12.5* and even 13.5* (a Russian super-wide angle bino had a whopping AFoV=104*)From what I read and saw:
1. finally Swarovski aknowledges that FOV is important;
2. the huge FOV with those huge eyepieces and wasp-like shape could indicate a lot of weight is shifted towards the eyepieces, but Swarovski didn't mention anything about the weight balance. If it's 840g and the weight is shifted, it is all good. If the weight is at the ocular lenses, it's bad.
1. Quite a few 7x and 8x porros made in the 50s-70s had FoVs of 11*, 12.5* and even 13.5* (a Russian super-wide angle bino had a whopping AFoV=104*)
2. I guess you meant objective lenses.