• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Product Introduction Today From Swarovski ? (1 Viewer)

Can anyone tell me if the forehead rest fits into the tripod screw on the SLC?

Eerrm, not trying to be 'funny' here, but if it did fit the tripod screw on the SLC wouldn't it then be on the objective end of the hinge and so on the wrong end to rest your forehead against.? Pictures I have seen of SLC on the Swaro tripod adapter show the adapter screwed-in to the bottom end of the hinge in the same way as Conquest HD 15x56 for example.

Lee

Eerrm, not trying to be 'funny' here, but if it did fit the tripod screw on the SLC wouldn't it then be on the objective end of the hinge and so on the wrong end to rest your forehead against.? Pictures I have seen of SLC on the Swaro tripod adapter show the adapter screwed-in to the bottom end of the hinge in the same way as Conquest HD 15x56 for example.

Lee

You may think I am being stupid, but not having seen one of these forehead rests in detail I was not aware of the fitting configuration of it

Last edited:
The FRP forehead rest has 10 adjustment steps, and is useable while wearing spectacles

That and some other interesting detail about the NL can be found at the Dutch site Vogelinformatiencentrum, where there is a review of the 10x and 12x models
The address is: https://www.vogelinformatiecentrum.nl/review-swarovski-nl-pure-10x42-12x42/

The whole review can be translated by posting the address into the left panel of the Google Translate page,
and then clicking on the highlighted version in the right panel

John

Attachments

• FRP.jpg
    FRP.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 40
You may think I am being stupid, but not having seen one of these forehead rests in detail I was not aware of the fitting configuration of it

Not at all, just trying to be helpful. Here is a pic of an SLC on the Swaro adaptor.

Lee

Attachments

• SLC.jpg
    SLC.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 31
Thanks Lee

I have a couple of tripods which I use for my scope, but I have never considered using my SLCs on a tripod as they are only 8x

I may well get one

Last edited:
Thanks Lee

I have a couple of tripods which I use for my scope, but I have never considered using my SLCs on a tripod as they are only 8x

I may well get one

SLC 15x56 is very nice on a tripod as is Conquest HD 15x56 and it comes with a tripod adapter. Both give nice relaxing views.

Lee

The FRP forehead rest has 10 adjustment steps, and is useable while wearing spectacles

That and some other interesting detail about the NL can be found at the Dutch site Vogelinformatiencentrum, where there is a review of the 10x and 12x models
The address is: https://www.vogelinformatiecentrum.nl/review-swarovski-nl-pure-10x42-12x42/

The whole review can be translated by posting the address into the left panel of the Google Translate page,
and then clicking on the highlighted version in the right panel

John
https://www.vogelinformatiecentrum.nl/review-swarovski-nl-pure-10x42-12x42/

It sounds like the Head Rest works amazingly well. The 12x42 NL with the Head Rest is steadier than the 10x42 NL without it according to the review.

Just heard that the EL's are going to be continued to be produced but they will replace the SLC as a mid range binocular.. Plus the close focus of the Field Pro's is goin to be reduced so it doesn't compete with the NL's.

Can anybody else confirm this...

Cheers Tim

Just heard that the EL's are going to be continued to be produced but they will replace the SLC as a mid range binocular.. Plus the close focus of the Field Pro's is goin to be reduced so it doesn't compete with the NL's.

Can anybody else confirm this...

Cheers Tim

No Tim the close focus of EL SV isn't going to be reduced, it is going to be increased! I think you meant to say that. This has been extensively discussed elsewhere.

We haven't heard anything about the demise of SLC though and that would be a shock.

Lee

https://www.vogelinformatiecentrum.nl/review-swarovski-nl-pure-10x42-12x42/

It sounds like the Head Rest works amazingly well. The 12x42 NL with the Head Rest is steadier than the 10x42 NL without it according to the review.

This is what the author wrote:

"I looked more calmly through the 12 × 42 with support than through a 10 × 42 without support. That shows that it really works. The suggested retail price of the forehead support is € 131.00. With us in the You can set this support in such a way that you can now press the viewer quite firmly against your forehead without straining your glasses. I looked more calmly through the 12 × 42 with support than through a 10 × 42 without support."

First of all, I not sure what the author means by "looking more calmly" but maybe that is the translation. Perhaps someone can give an accurate translation.

In making the comments, the author doesn't say what base he is working from in his test. Can he hold a 10x binocular completely steady or does he experience some shake? I would assume it to be the former otherwise by saying that the 12x with the support is better than the 10x without, could mean that the shake is reduced by comparison, not removed. If like me, you can't hold a 10x unstabilized binocular steady or an 8x for that matter, then the 12x support would probably not be sufficient to reduce the shake to a level to make it suitable for me.

The author also talks about the support being use with glasses but doesn't make it clear as to whether the same beneficial effect can be achieved without.

Denis, for you to make the statement "It sounds like the Head Rest works amazingly well." is stretching what the author actually wrote, in my opinion.

Stan

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back