• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Swaro CL Companion 8x30 B NOMAD binocu (1 Viewer)

Wooden box, leather instead of synthetic, and almost a grand more, that is marketing in a nutshell. I wonder if it is a limited edition. It does look nice though.

Andy W.

Looks a bit like the kind of "special edition" marketing that Leica indulge in from time to time.

I'd take the standard version every time - far more practical, and doesn't shout, "Look at my money."

I recall that Swarovski also had 2 special editions of their original first edition 8x30 and 10x30 CL Companions. One was the "Africa" which had a dark tan exterior, a Leather Strap and a special Tan Suede Leather case. The other was the Blue bodied "Polaris" with a specially designed water proof blue case and an Orange strap. They both had water repellent coatings on their lenses.

Bob

Last edited:
Surely a thing of beauty, stunning presentation. I can’t think of too many binoculars with this sort of appeal.
Leather and smooth aluminium...... what’s money got to do with it... you can either afford them or you can’t!
I wish I could!!

I recall that Swarovski also had 2 special editions of their original first edition 8x30 and 10x30 CL Companions. One was the "Africa" which had a dark tan exterior, a Leather Strap and a special Tan Suede Leather case. The other was the Blue bodied "Polaris" with a specially designed water proof blue case and an Orange strap. They both had water repellent coatings on their lenses.

Bob

Bob:

It is good of you to point these out. Now the blue Polaris model can be
found at a discount, as they were a slow mover.

This new leather model will be similar, if you give it time, discounted to
a similar price as the regular ones.

Jerry

Jerry, are you using the new CL? If yes, what do you think of it overall?

Jason:

No, I have only tried one briefly in a store setting, and so I cannot give
an opinion of the optics.

I have 4 other Swarovski 8x30-32 models, so I am content. ;)

Jerry

Jason:

No, I have only tried one briefly in a store setting, and so I cannot give
an opinion of the optics.

I have 4 other Swarovski 8x30-32 models, so I am content. ;)

Jerry

Hehehe ;) from my experience, the 8x30 CL is really good for a long walk and sightseeing because of the size and weight. Good compliment for 10x42 and also the 8x32

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back