• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New to the Group, Dallas ID (1 Viewer)

Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum (y)
We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello. Please join in wherever you like ;)

Don't laugh but I want to say they are American Robins but someone will have and answer for you. I'm gonna move your thread to the Bird I D section and you'll be notified when someone posts.

Hi RKMoore and a warm welcome to you from me too.

I've moved your post to the ID forum.... I'm sure someone will be along soon to help you.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

EDIT: It looks like KC and I have had the same idea!

Certainly some of them look like American Robins but I don't know if they all are.

Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum (y)
We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello. Please join in wherever you like ;)

Don't laugh but I want to say they are American Robins but someone will have and answer for you. I'm gonna move your thread to the Bird I D section and you'll be notified when someone posts.
Thanks!

Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure that you will find lots to interest you here and I hope that you enjoy your visits.

Thanks!!
A coworker said they were "Robin's Redbreast" and I had no idea whether she was correct or not.
The name "robin" or "Robin redbreast" or similar is applied by English speakers to lots of different unrelated birds all around the world. Many (most?) have red or orange breasts and so recall the European robin (see e.g. https://ebird.org/species/eurrob1/US ) which is the original bird. European robins are a type of flycatcher whereas American robins are thrushes.

There are other colours involved. In Australia you have yellow "robins" while male Indian "robins" are mostly dark metallic blue. None of these are closely related.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back