• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

New to this.... (1 Viewer)

Mandico

Hello folks. This is new to me. I am of a time when kite were rare, egrets never appeared, my garden was teeming with greenfinches, linnets and house sparrows and there was a kestrel every hundred yards. I have been a member of the RSPB for nearly fifty years, I helped to build the first hides at Ynis-Hir, saw the first recorded Caspian Tern in the UK and the bird that gives me the most joy in the world is the swift.
Can someone please tell me where to see fieldfare this winter? It has been so long and I would really appreciate being pointed in the right direction. I am in the West Mids so Worcester way would be good. Waxwing would be spectacular too but maybe that is asking too much.
Thanks in anticipation.

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Hi Mandico and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

It might be an idea to also introduce yourself to the guys and girls in the West Midlands forum, they're a pretty active lot. I'm sure they'll be able to help you out with Fieldfare. Good luck in your quest.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

KC Foggin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
United States
Hi there and a warm welcome to you from across the pond. (y)

We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello. Please join in wherever you like ;)

Kits

Picture Picker
Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure that you will find lots to interest you here and I hope that you enjoy your visits.

Lisa W

Staff member
Supporter
Hello and welcome to the forum. Hope you find a place to see your fieldfar.

Users who are viewing this thread