• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

New Uk Government Travel Site (1 Viewer)

POP

A new travel site is to be launched later this year? to provide travel details by private car,bus and train to anywhere in the UK. It will give details of where and when you make connections along with times etc.Having looked at the site ,it looks first class as an example I asked for car journey from Leicester to Titchwell and return journey.Details given by route and with map.It looks as if they may have winner here.Obviously still in test state so there may be some hiccups but certainly worth a lokk.

www.transportdirect.info

John

Elizabeth Bigg

Addicted member
Thanks John. This could be quite useful, though I hope in due course it will be a bit more specific than this:

SURREY: M25 BROKEN DOWN VEHICLE ANTICLOCKWISE

There's a very long length of M25 in Surrey (ie Surrey's biggest car park)!

rogerscoth

Elizabeth Bigg said:
Thanks John. This could be quite useful, though I hope in due course it will be a bit more specific than this:

SURREY: M25 BROKEN DOWN VEHICLE ANTICLOCKWISE

There's a very long length of M25 in Surrey (ie Surrey's biggest car park)!
Elizabeth,
If you click on the Live Travel tab at the top of the page, then within the Show specific news box change Show to Full Details, click OK, then more details will be revealed.
The above example expands detail to:- "BROKEN DOWN VEHICLE. RIGHT LANE BLOCKED ANTICLOCKWISE AT REIGATE J8 IN SURREY"

Roger

Elizabeth Bigg

Addicted member
rogerscoth said:
Elizabeth,
If you click on the Live Travel tab at the top of the page, then within the Show specific news box change Show to Full Details, click OK, then more details will be revealed.
The above example expands detail to:- "BROKEN DOWN VEHICLE. RIGHT LANE BLOCKED ANTICLOCKWISE AT REIGATE J8 IN SURREY"

Roger

Thanks Roger - and how true is the "thingy" under your name" (don't know the name for it)!!!!

You don't know what you don't know!

rogerscoth

Elizabeth Bigg said:
Thanks Roger - and how true is the "thingy" under your name" (don't know the name for it)!!!!

You don't know what you don't know!
I don't know the name ;) Elizabeth, let's just call it a truism - (dictionary definition - "an obviously true or hackneyed statement").

Roger

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread