• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Newbie in Worcestershire (1 Viewer)

Kingfisherkeith

Hi all new to the forum,I live in Worcestershire and im a keen photographer and I love all things nature.
If anyone can give me some good birding spots in the local area it would be much appreciated. Many thanks.

Hi Keith and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here. I look forward to hearing your news and will hopefully see some of your pictures in the Gallery too.

You could make a start finding some birdinging spots in our Opus section: this is the category for Worcestershire. There are many member here who visit Upton Warren!

Welcome to Birdforum! I'm sure you'll find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Hi Keith,

I live in South Birmingham. Some of my favourite haunts are Worcester way and close to!

WWT Upton Warren - great for all sorts of birds, has salt water flashes so avocets, also a Glaucous gull up to yesterday at least,

WWT Brandon Marsh - Coventry was so may be a step - but a great cafe also!

WWT Feckenham - small (no waders), but given your name - great close ups of kingfishers and warblers at the right time of year.

Hope you enjoy :)

Wyre Forest is also a good location on the Worcestershire Shropshire border. Grimley and Monks Wood close to Worcester city. Look on the Internet for local nature reserves and wildlife trust sites near you.

Not certain where you live in Worcestershire but I'm in Chaddesley Corbett and even though I have been to the birding hotspots mentioned above, birds are obliging species and get everywhere. Just walking down the lanes surrounding my house you see so much. Every little brown bird spotted is a mystery until identified.

I will say though that Grimley (between Worcester and the back roads to Stourport) and Coney Green Meadows, Droitwich (park above the canal at Salwarpe) are really good and open spaces make them relatively safe while this pandemic is on.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back