• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Newbie into digiscoping (1 Viewer)

Knut

Hello everybody and greetings from the Rhineland! Aspiring bird- photographer with a Fuji XT1 and Fujinon XF 100 - 400 with 1.4 TC. Need to improve my strategy to get better results taking a photo of a bird before he escapes having noticed me watching. Not sure how useful camouflage or digiscoping would be. Trying a web-search on the latter, I hit upon this site and find quite a bit of helpful information here. I am wondering if anybody had a chance to compare IQ- differences between a long lens (like the one mentioned) and a good digiscope, e.g. Swarovski ATX. I would really appreciate hearing about such a comparison before I spend (i.e. waste) my money. In my area, I have no chance to try one on loan. That aside, I enjoy having found this site and will follow this forum.

Attachments

• Hawfinch.jpg
    Hawfinch.jpg
    741.8 KB · Views: 157
Hi Knut and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I've moved your post to the dedicated Digiscoping forum and subscribed you to the thread so that you can find it easily.

I''m sure someone will be along soon to help you with your questions.... meanwhile I hope you enjoy your time here with us.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back