Hi, I'm going through old photos trying to identify the birds in them, and I have a bunch I can't ID from Nicaragua in May 2016.
- The photo called "Granada" was in Granada near the Parque Central. I was some distance away, but I would guess the bird was about the size of a robin. Hoping the white marks on the back of the head will be distinctive enough for someone to ID it.
- In the Isletas de Granada:
- Isletas1: looking for help IDing the birds on the rock in the center of the photo. I thought they were terns but couldn't get a clear enough photo. The bird on the right is a neotropic cormorant, yes?
- Isletas2: I know it's a gull, but can anyone tell me what kind?
- Isletas3: I thought this was a tree swallow, but eBird flagged it as rare, so I wanted to confirm what it is.
- At the Mombacho volcano reserve:
- Mombacho1: I thought purple-throated mountain gem, but again, eBird is saying that's rare, so I'm looking for confirmation.
- Mombacho2: no clue where to even start looking to ID this one. It was smaller than a robin, larger than a sparrow.
- At Morgan's Rock on the Pacific Coast a little north of San Juan del Sur:
- MorgansRock1 was in a mudflat in a mangrove swamp, and the photo is overexposed because my camera was compensating for the shade. Some kind of thrush?
- MorgansRock2 and 3 are the same bird -- some kind of hawk, but I wasn't sure what kind. I know the bird it's chasing is a white-throated magpie-jay. Location was sort of where mangrove swamp turns to jungle.
Granada.JPG356.8 KB · Views: 39
MorgansRock3.JPG583.7 KB · Views: 37
MorgansRock2.JPG554.1 KB · Views: 37
MorgansRock1.JPG736.1 KB · Views: 39
Mombacho2.JPG981.9 KB · Views: 40
Mombacho1.JPG1.2 MB · Views: 40
Isletas3.JPG162.3 KB · Views: 37
Isletas2.JPG2.8 MB · Views: 38
Isletas1.JPG3 MB · Views: 38