• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Nice Nikon service experience - 8x32 SEs (1 Viewer)

b-lilja

Hi, the hinge on our 550xxx series had gotten a bit loose and so off to Nikon for service. I noticed they had closed the LA repair facility during Covid so was directed to send them to the East Coast center.

Returned faster than anything from LA, hinge perfect, definitely cleaned, and perhaps best of all I could tell they'd recollimated them - uber close now and better than ever. I am going to be doing a side by side of 8x32s and these are definitely ready to show well...

bluespiderweb

Great Grey Looking Out
I don't remember mine taking a long time for turn-around in LA, but I had to send them in twice before they got the hinge tension right. The first time it was so tight, it was not easy to adjust the ipd setting if you wanted to do so. They did get it right the second time, and at least I did not have to pay for the second time shipping after contacting them about it. Good to know repairs are now diverted to the East coast, and even close to me now, which just makes sense as well. Hopefully they might keep the East coast as an option even after covid.

Users who are viewing this thread