• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Night Heron in Cheltenham (1 Viewer)

Phil Andrews

It's only Rock and Roller but I like it
United Kingdom
Am planning to visit on Saturday if still present but with a wife 7 months pregnant I don't want to park too far away; any suggestions where's best to leave the car?

Thanks in advance
Phil

Hi Phil,

Yesterday, I parked along Pittville Lawn here and it was just a minute walk to the favoured area in the SE corner of the east lake. A park warden said there was a maximum of four hours parking here but I couldn't see any signs indicating this but hopefully it won't take that long for the bird to show. Yesterday morning I had been there a good hour before the bird showed (seemingly disturbed by a passing road sweeper) but when it did show, the views were superb. Anyway best of luck if you go. Best of my photographic efforts below.

Brian

Attachments

• Night_Heron_Cheltenham_1.jpg
    Night_Heron_Cheltenham_1.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 114
Hi phil if you get there early enough park down Evesham road there's a large lay by for about 8 cars in between the 2 lakes I parked there yesterday and the warden said you can park all day there hope this helps, Dave

I'm probably being rather lazy but I can't find the info online at the mo.
Would anyone be kind enough to help me clock onto the "preferred spot." From various reports etc I pressume it has to be one of these three, and most likely the red or purple considering the comments above? Sorry I'm a massive pain!

Attachments

• Pittvillepointers.jpg
    Pittvillepointers.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
I'm probably being rather lazy but I can't find the info online at the mo.
Would anyone be kind enough to help me clock onto the "preferred spot." From various reports etc I pressume it has to be one of these three, and most likely the red or purple considering the comments above? Sorry I'm a massive pain!

The red arrow marks the spot looking from the north side over to and under the trees along the south side.

Video clip from Monday here.

Brian

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back