• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

"Nightstalker" - Barred Owl (1 Viewer)

RCHines

"Nightstalker" pyrography (wood burning ) and acrylic on basswood round, 13"x9" inches, 2021

After finishing up Quotations, I was inspired to pull out some of my photos and used a Barred Owl I'd taken at the Blackland Prairie Raptor Center. This bird was an education bird (a bird that they can't release into the wild because it's either imprinted on humans or is injured beyond repair and can no longer survive in the wild.). They currently have her working as a foster mom for several nests of Barred Owl chicks that have been rescued (with plans to release them all into the wild.)

Attachments

• NightstalkerHines2021small.jpg
    NightstalkerHines2021small.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Gosh Ross!!! You really are so talented.

That's wonderful work my friend. Many thanks for showing it to us lad.

BTW did you have autocorrect on? ;)

๐Ÿ˜

Aaaw! You edited it Ross.... but I see you did it while I was still reading your post, admiring your artwork and replying.

I sure fell over that one, didn't it!

๐Ÿ˜

Aaaw! You edited it Ross.... but I see you did it while I was still reading your post, admiring your artwork and replying.

I sure fell over that one, didn't it!
Haha I read it three times before I caught it. Unfortunately wood turning isnโ€™t a skill Iโ€™ve ever tried my hand at!

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back