• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Nikon after-sales service (1 Viewer)

Neil Kurz

Must sing Nikon UK's praises for their after-sales service.
On Tuesday, I rang their depot in Surrey for replacement rubber eyecups for my 8x32 SE CF binos, which had split where they fold down.
They arrived on my doorstep in N E Lincs the next day - no charge for the parts or postage!
Beat that!
I might add that the fault was caused through my own mis-use, in forcing the rainguard on when the eyecups were folded down.
Full marks to Nikon.

JohnnyH

Aldershot till I die!
Yep they're excellent, I've recieved replacement eyecups for my HG's & eyepiece cap for my 30x eyepiece in the past, quickly & at no cost.

John.

PIER PAOLO

me too

hi there,

I should buy the same eyecup replacement for my 8x32 se cf, but I cannot find were. Could you please post the address were you have bought it.

Thank you
Pier Paolo

PIER PAOLO

Thanks Johnny,

but that link is for industrial intruments only.

I have already cheched all the italian distributors and sellers and now I'm searchig abroad.

Ciao
PP

Neil Kurz

Hi PP,
Telephone them on 00-44-2085-414440 or write to Nikon UK Limited, 380 Richmond Road, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey, England, KT2 5PR. They also have a fax number if this is of use to you - 00-44-2085-414584.

Neil

pajarito

Glad to hear you are getting good service in the UK. Here in Canada my experience has been the exact opposite. Unless you are an industrial client they don't want to talk to you. Their phone service is hopeless. I have ordered new eyecups for binoculars twice and both times received the wrong ones, and have been charged for the priviledge. Too bad, because I swear by the binoculars (10X42 SE, and the older 10X35 Porro's).

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread