• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Nikon Akulon A211 10x42 vs Kowa YF II 8x30 (1 Viewer)

Marku

Taiwan
Please excuse me for posting this again. I posted elsewhere (where some were praising the Kowas) but am eager to order ASP, so maybe a fresh thread might attract comment.
I am looking to buy my first pair of binoculars specifically to carry with me on my daily walks. I just want something I can keep in my bag as I travel around, and need to purchase at the bargain end of the spectrum.
I have looked online here in Taiwan and was initially thinking to buy Nikon Akulon A211 10x42, but then saw the Kowa YF II 8x30. Certainly here the latter are slightly more expensive, but not hugely - around GBP 25 (US$ 33) more.
I did read on the Forum some very positive comments about the Kowa YFs, so have started to lean that way. I am flying to one of the islands between Taiwan and China on 9 Jan for a few days so am very keen to purchase in time for that trip.
I am new to the forum so still hunting around, but if anyone has any advice I would be delighted to hear.

Users who are viewing this thread