• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Nikon CP4500 discontinued? (1 Viewer)

cspratt

According to the shop in Victoria, BC (Canada) where I bought my 4500 last March, Nikon haven't informed them that the 4500 is being discontinued anytime soon. I ask them today when I was in the shop looking at carbon fibre tripods.
The shop manger said that he sells lots of 4500 every week. He's also trying to sell me the Nikon D100 which is really pricey! The lens is also extra!

Chris. Spratt

Joe A.

Nikon is selling re-conditioned 4500s for $369.99 at their website, just navigate to Nikon Mall.

Joe

stevo

Hi all

You may be interested in this info on Mon 28/07/03 I telephoned Nikon UK to ask them if the cp4500 is to be discontinued?Their response is as follows:production has only temporarily ceased & will resume shortly,there are no plans to stop producing this camera, sales have been good,any plans to discontinue any camera models are communicated to the customer service team a week before any public announcement is made,plus I was told the internet is full of rumours & not believe anything until official word is posted on Nikon`s website.

Regards Stevo.

yossi

Rumors say that there's a replacement on the way. I spoke with someone that claims he have heard from an internal Nikon guy that there's a new camera coming this automn." 5 MP, similar swivel structure, new features, including RAW and some more". There's a small chance that it is true, like any rumors, but it makes sense to me. They have upgraded almost all their line, so why not the CP4500? Nikon did not stop production of any camera without a good cause, usually - a replacement.

eric s

Multiple stores that I have been to have said that the 4500 is gone. I'm quite annoyed because they extended the $200 rebate and then killed it before the rebate ended.

I wish they had already put out the replacement, because I'd consider it seriously. Very seriously. Now I'm stuck looking for something else before I head off on vacation. I need something simple to put into a pocket when my Canon 10D isn't right (like in a kayak.)

Eric

Users who are viewing this thread