• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Nikon EDG 8x42 after one year - review updated (1 Viewer)

jring

Hi,

I have hopes that the seller will package well - he's a well known collector of old telescopes and binoculars...
I certainly will let you know how I like it.

Joachim

NDhunter

Experienced observer
United States
Brock: It is good to hear about your new book, I do know you have quite an imagination.......I will be ordering one
when it comes out in paperback.

As far as the 8x32 EDG, the 8x32 SE does better with stray light and other things. A porro-maniac should have both
the SE and EII in their collection.

Jerry

dries1

"As far as the 8x32 EDG, the 8x32 SE does better with stray light and other things" while I disagree with the stray light comparison, what other things would they be? Do you have an EDG 8X32 jerry?

Andy W.

NDhunter

Experienced observer
United States
I used to have the EDG 8x32, and was able to compare it directly with a number of my binoculars.

The part about the 8x32 SE, and light handling was the only thing I found lacking, otherwise a great binocular, just
like the other EDG models. I suppose I should not nitpick, but that is a common malady found on the forum.

Jerry

Users who are viewing this thread