• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon EDG eyepiece discovery!!! (1 Viewer)

theconstantwalker

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_constant_walker/?
I've just found out you can use the Nikon Fieldscope ED50/III/EDIII/ED82 range of eyepieces on the new EDG scopes with an adapter EMA-1. It retails at £42ish so if you are considering an upgrade (?) you can at least use your old eyepieces whilst saving up for one of the new ones (if you wish to). I wonder if they will make one to try the EDG E/P's on the Fieldscopes...maybe not.....

Last edited:
Thanks for this info, I am considering buying an EDG65 straight scope but am put off a bit as I am fortunate to have most of the eye-pieces for the ED scopes and don't want to have to fork out for more eye-pieces.

Thanks for this info, I am considering buying an EDG65 straight scope but am put off a bit as I am fortunate to have most of the eye-pieces for the ED scopes and don't want to have to fork out for more eye-pieces.

Has anyone tried the older E/P's on one of the EDG scopes yet?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back