• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon M7 8x30 Glare? (1 Viewer)

Upland

I owned 2 pairs of the Monarch 8x30s and the glare control was so bad I sent them both back. Have been hearing good things about the M7 8x30 and am considering buying a pair. Would like some feedback from those who Own the M7 on how they handle glare. Thanks

Now I see there is a M7+ coming. Probably wait for them to hit the market

Last edited:
I had a pair of M7 8x30 for a weekend to try out. Glare control was poor, and they were prone to bright crescents at the bottom of the image when observing under bright skies. Some adjustment of eye position could somewhat mitigate it, but not acceptably. Note that I wear glasses, and cups fully down was just enough for proper ER; this might be a factor. Nevertheless, they are bright, sharp, offer a big view, and if you are looking for these qualities, they are tiny and light. perfect hiking bins, I thought, but not something I would use as a main field bin.

David,

I tried M7 8x30 2 years ago. I really like the size and optics but the useful eye relief was not satisfying for my eyeglasses desire. I recently tried Zeiss Conquest HD 8x32 which is better and works perfect for me with eyeglasses. Unfortunately it's much more bulky and heavy.

Last edited:
The M7+ is quite a step up from the M7. Worth comparing them both if you get the chance.

The design is reminding of the HG model. Is there any difference in the design of the eyepiece? I wonder because I would get it but the useable eye relief was not sufficient for my eyeglasses use.

I found eye placement easier than the MHG, but I don't wear specs.
Build quality & optics is closer to MHG than the slight price premium over the M7.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back