• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Nikon Monarch 6?? (1 Viewer)

yarrellii

Supporter
Hi. The binoculars on sale in the provided link are a Monarch 5 8x42 (AFAIK, there's Monarch series 5, 7 and HG, but no 6). The 6,3⁰ figure is the field of view in degrees, a little narrow for a 8x42, and probably the weakest point in those otherwise nice binoculars :)

KC Foggin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
United States
I'm just going to jump in here and wish you a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum (y)
We're glad you found us and please join in wherever you like ;)

DSherter

United States
Hi. The binoculars on sale in the provided link are a Monarch 5 8x42 (AFAIK, there's Monarch series 5, 7 and HG, but no 6). The 6,3⁰ figure is the field of view in degrees, a little narrow for a 8x42, and probably the weakest point in those otherwise nice binoculars :)
Thank you very much for chiming in - due to concern about fakes I decided to pauperize myself a tiny bit and got a pair advertised as a 5 from a more practiced seller - thank you for the insight!

Users who are viewing this thread