• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon refurbished optics; do they still have the same warranty? (1 Viewer)

Joker9937

Somewhat based on the info from users on here, I am considering a Nikon Fieldscope. I found a refurbished scope, and it is supposedly through Nikon. Has anyone on here had experience with purchasing Nikon refurbished equipment? Do they still have the factory warranty, etc? Any experience would be appreciated. Thanks!

I bought Nikon Monarch HG 10x42 binoculars and Monarch ED82 straight and ED60 angled scopes refurbished directly from Nikon. They all appear to be as new. I've had no problems.

Here is the link to buy refurbished scopes directly from Nikon:

They occasionally run 20% off sales.

I bought Nikon Monarch HG 10x42 binoculars and Monarch ED82 straight and ED60 angled scopes refurbished directly from Nikon. They all appear to be as new. I've had no problems.

Here is the link to buy refurbished scopes directly from Nikon:

They occasionally run 20% off sales.
Thank you for the input. I am really tempted by the Monarch ED82. Trying to decide between the Monarch and the Kowa 883. I found the 883 used, and the Monarch refurbished. Price-wise, it is a toss up. I just wanted to confirm that the Nikon refurb did not somehow eliminate their warranty. Seems like it wouldn't, but wanted to be sure.

Thank you for the link. I did peruse their site, but could not find explicit info regarding the warranty.

DUH!!! I just answered my own question. Somehow I missed it the first time I looked. However, unless I misunderstood the info, refurbished optics only have a 90 day warranty. That is a bummer.

90 day warranty. Apparently due to vagaries and peculiarities of US consumer law 'refurbished' here usually means demo model/open box, not second-hand/returned items.
I have several and I'm happy with them.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back