• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

NL Pure 8x32 and NL Pure 10x32! (1 Viewer)

Anon2020

They’re certainly better looking than the 42s.

I know that form should follow function but given the choice between an attractively designed instrument and one that is less attractive but performs slightly better I would on balance choose the more attractively designed of the two.

John A Roberts

Australia
The 5.7 MB NL Pure Fact Sheet (i.e. the Product Brochure) in various languages can be found at:
https://myservice.swarovskioptik.com/s/article/Fact-sheet-NL-Pure?language=en_US

I’ve attached the tech data from the fact sheet, along with a couple of images
The NL x32 will be available in both the usual green rubber armour and also Burnt Orange,
and it can be fitted with the FRP forehead rest

John

Attachments

• Tech Data.jpg
    Tech Data.jpg
    359.4 KB · Views: 140
  • NL x42 vs x32.jpg
    NL x42 vs x32.jpg
    369 KB · Views: 138
  • NL x32 Burnt Orange.jpg
    NL x32 Burnt Orange.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 105
  • With FRP.jpg
    With FRP.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

BabyDov

Supporter
United States
I am glad to see that the wasp waist on the x32 Nl is less pronounced than with the x42 Nl. It will allow more room for large hands with gloves.
However, the focusing mechanism on the x32Nl appears to be the same size as the x42 Nl. That leaves less barrel room for the width of your hands. I will be curious to see Jan's initial impressions on this after he actually handles them.

Rotherbirder

Hmmmm, the burnt orange looks quite fetching actually. I will have a good look at the 32s when all the furore has died down and decide whether or not to treat myself on my retirement!

RB

PYRTLE

Old Berkshire Boy
They’re certainly better looking than the 42s.

I know that form should follow function but given the choice between an attractively designed instrument and one that is less attractive but performs slightly better I would on balance choose the more attractively designed of the two.

Wow, wow, wow. Superb work by Swarovski during a difficult period. That new colour shade also looks appealing to me. I'm confidence the performance will also pack a punch.

Jan's initial thoughts most welcome and soon, thanks.

Nethero

I am glad to see that the wasp waist on the x32 Nl is less pronounced than with the x42 Nl. It will allow more room for large hands with gloves.
However, the focusing mechanism on the x32Nl appears to be the same size as the x42 Nl. That leaves less barrel room for the width of your hands. I will be curious to see Jan's initial impressions on this after he actually handles them.
Yes I’m quite curious about grip room as well. I was disappointed with the SF 32 because I can’t get my fingers in the barrels as where I can just barely with the EL SV 32. Looks interesting!

NoSpringChicken

United Kingdom
On paper the Zeiss SF is cheaper, lighter, has closer minimum focus and longer eye relief, so it's no contest ......... on paper. However the NL has that interesting new orange colour (until the armour disintegrates and falls off.) ;)

Only kidding. I am looking forward to reading how they perform.

Ron

Maljunulo

Any word on US pricing, or did I miss it?

Eagerly awaiting comments and reviews, from the perspective of an 8X32 SF owner since December 2020.

Users who are viewing this thread