• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

NL Pure 8x32 and NL Pure 10x32! (1 Viewer)

Oh, I won't be able to pass on that burnt orange, but why not more of a brown? I think I might be the only person I know whose favorite color is brown. Lol. I've got four Swaros, all green, my second favorite color. Sorry Zeiss, not a fan of black. I go to NYC rather often, and jeez everybody wears black. Yuck.

Mark

Last edited:
OK, this was a nice surprise.
The waist of the 32 is 2mm smaller compared to the 42 and one can hardly feel a difference. The balance is right beneath the thumb, in other words for me excellent.
What to say about the view?
It's the same as through the 42. Razor sharp to the edge but a fraction less immersive and bright. Those 10 meters difference in FOV is noticeable.
No worries about the placement of the fingers. Room enough. If the 42 fits you, the 32 will also do that job.
For me the weight is just fine. It gives that sturdy solid feeling but that's a personal thing.

Jan

Attachments

• NL 32.jpeg
    NL 32.jpeg
    131.8 KB · Views: 394
LEE,
48 GRAMS HEAVIER...THAT IS REALLY TERRIBLE, I SWITCH TO POCKET KNIVES.
GIJS VAN GINKEL
But Gijs, you live in the Netherlands which as everyone knows is all below sea level. This means the air in the Netherlands is so dense that it supports you and what you carry and indeed you would not notice 48grams. But if you climb up the Dom Tower of Utrecht as you reach the top and the air becomes the same density as in the rest of the world, you will find those 48 grams become increasingly heavy and burdensome just as it is to the rest of humanity. And don't forget if you add the weight of the headrest you will need to take a rest every few minutes.:D

Lee

Thanks for the photo Jan. Yikes, it is kind of a chunky monkey isn't it? I have a cat I call Chunky Monkey. Solid as can be , but svelte he is not.

The waist of the 32 is 2mm smaller compared to the 42 and one can hardly feel a difference. The balance is right beneath the thumb, in other words for me excellent.
It's the same as through the 42. Razor sharp to the edge but a fraction less immersive and bright. Those 10 meters difference in FOV is noticeable.
No worries about the placement of the fingers. Room enough. If the 42 fits you, the 32 will also do that job.
For me the weight is just fine. It gives that sturdy solid feeling but that's a personal thing.

Jan
Jan, in the photo the tubes of the orange NL32 look fatter than the EL32's, is that so the narrow waist can be achieved, or is the camera lens making the tubes look fatter than they really are?

Lee

Oh, Lee. Zeiss to the end I guess.
Not really Mark, I was just hooking Gijs! These days you will find me carrying Meopta or Opticron or Kowa as well as Zeiss. And I see you noticed the apparent chunkyness too....
Lee

Last edited:
wowza.... I suppose Leica will have their 32mm Noctovids ready for market just in time for Swarovski to release the XL XTRA-AWESOME replacement for the NL's in a few years :/

the pace of innovation and aggressive marketing from Swaro is extremely impressive!

Lee, post 23,
I read your post with intense grief, since you should know that climbing the DOM tower is an enlightening tour in the direction of heaven, so everything you carry up, feels like a feather and 48 grams and a headrest feel as if angels are carrying your burden. Not only that but the NL pure 32 is filled with Helium, so must push it down to prevent it from going directly to heaven.
By the way:the picture Jan published with the NL pure 32 must be greatly deformed by the camera lens as you can see from the pictures published by Swarovski in which the NL 32 is shown next to the NL 42.
Gijs van Ginkel

Jan
Jan,
Were you looking at the 10 x32 or the 8x42 Nl? If the former, did you have any eye placement difficulties?

Thanks for the photo Jan. Yikes, it is kind of a chunky monkey isn't it? I have a cat I call Chunky Monkey. Solid as can be , but svelte he is not.
Ehh, this is me......a Dutch guy, so have mercy.
"A kind of chunky monkey but svelte he is not" end quote.
I had to look it up.
Svelte: a free and open source front end Javascript framework. I', afraid you are in need for an animal docter.
Chunky monkey: are you referring to my mother in law? In that case be careful, her daughter is a ninja in disguise.

Jan

Jan, in the photo the tubes of the orange NL32 look fatter than the EL32's, is that so the narrow waist can be achieved, or is the camera lens making the tubes look fatter than they really are?

Lee
Hi Lee,

The tubes are slimmer (except for the front end) but with a much less pronounced taille which the 42 has.

Jan

Sorry Jan. Chunky Monkey is just something I made up. We have three cats, and they all have multiple names. Silly Sally, Mr. McFluff Fluff (he claims he's Persian), Cowboy Doug, Big Jerk, etc.

Svelte is something I have little experience with but I know the word.

I look forward to your thoughts on the new 32mm.

Mark

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back