Now that some of you have had your NL 8X42s and have used them for a while I'm interested in what you think about them. I'm happy to hear your overall assessment but also I have a few specific questions if you can answer them.
1. ER with glasses? No issues? Sunglasses is ok!
2. Critical eye box? There has been some mention of needing a perfect eye position to avoid blackouts. Is this so?
3. What do think of it compared to its competition? Say SF 8X42, SLC 8X42, SV 8.5X42, Noctivid 8X42, etc..
1. I wear glasses, no issues at all. Mine is transition glasses so no issue under the sun, a little darker then
2. I also get the FHR that would help to get a perfect position every times. Good for glass wearers.
3. Better than all, except the weight. Regarding the weight, I still like the SF 8x42 better
4. Other pros/cons: I ended up not liking the shape with slender hip. It is cumbersome to fit it on the tripod. I would go back to the rounded shape if I am Swarovski!