• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

NL Pure 8X42 pros/cons (1 Viewer)

jcnguyen09

Hey everyone!

Now that some of you have had your NL 8X42s and have used them for a while I'm interested in what you think about them. I'm happy to hear your overall assessment but also I have a few specific questions if you can answer them.

1. ER with glasses? No issues? Sunglasses is ok!

2. Critical eye box? There has been some mention of needing a perfect eye position to avoid blackouts. Is this so?

3. What do think of it compared to its competition? Say SF 8X42, SLC 8X42, SV 8.5X42, Noctivid 8X42, etc..

4, Any other pros/cons you may have?

Looking forward to your comments and thanks!
1. I wear glasses, no issues at all. Mine is transition glasses so no issue under the sun, a little darker then
2. I also get the FHR that would help to get a perfect position every times. Good for glass wearers.
3. Better than all, except the weight. Regarding the weight, I still like the SF 8x42 better
4. Other pros/cons: I ended up not liking the shape with slender hip. It is cumbersome to fit it on the tripod. I would go back to the rounded shape if I am Swarovski!

Users who are viewing this thread