• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Noblex-Docter Inception 8x25 (1 Viewer)

FlanaganV

Hi, I guess that whole line 'inception' is pretty recent to have opinions.

Anyway, just for curiosity, if you see the price list for 2021 on the same website, they state very clearly which gear is made in Germany, and only the classic binoculars (7x40 & 10x42 BG/A) have that label. The compact 8x21 &10x25 are designed in Germany and made in Japan. The rest, including the 'inception' line... says nothing... so probably they're made in China. (the price level seems to also follow that clasification)

Regards!!

FlanaganV

Yes, in binomania there is a short interview to a Noblex (Docter) executive, Thorsten Kortemeier, and there's interesting information, like for example, that sadly, the production facilities to make the Aspectem are 'gone' and they have no plans to repair.
It seems also that all of their new binocular production has moved to China. Only the classics are still being made in Germany, at least while the machines used for their production are still alive. But who knows until when...

mwhogue

Well Known Member
Supporter
Upland,

I'm not familiar with the Noblex either but they look very similar to the older Minox BF and BV series of single hinge 8/10x25. I own several of these and they are good for pocket models in the price range $100 to $125. Really compact for a single hinge and handling is very natural for such a small bin. I see the Noblex listed at $160 which may be a little high. For that price you may want to bump the budget up a bit to @
$200and see if you can find the newer Minox BV with a single hinge dual bridge design. These are larger and heavier but construction is really nice for the price and the optics are a step up. Handling ergos may not be good for someone with larger hands, e.g. if you wear XL gloves.

I generally prefer a single hinge design in "pockets" but I really like the handling of the the dual hinge Zeiss Terra mentioned by Chuck, for me it handles better than the Swaro 8x25.

If you decide to get the Noblex, let us know what you think.

Mike

Upland

Noblex website says they have German made optics. I emailed and asked where they are assembled. If they reply I’ll post it.

Upland

Interestingly I compared the Noblex to Minox BF 8x25s. My guess is they are the same as their specs are identical. Their bodies have identical shapes and dimensions. There are minor cosmetic differences. For $95 I couldn’t resist. I don’t expect anything spectacular but hopefully they will be serviceable until I can afford a pair of Victory 8x25s!

Users who are viewing this thread