• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Norfolk birding (4 Viewers)

Graham Etherington strikes again! The Dusky Warbler was showing very badly, Dawn. Only half-a-dozen people there. 11.00-13.15 when I was there, it gave a song phrase or two every few minutes (very nice to hear) and gave some very brief glimpses every 20 minutes or so if you happened to be looking through the right chink in the bushes. Eventually, I did manage a couple of poor record shots.

Trying to read the conditions for the forthcoming week - could the overnight rain into the morning make Blakeney Point a productive visit on Wednesday?

Titchwell May 9th

Today's highlights

Temminck's stint - 3 still on fresh marsh all day but generally elusive
Spoonbill - 1 east this morning
Little stint - summer plumage bird new in this afternoon
Little ringed plover - 10 on fresh marsh
Ringed plover - 40 on fresh marsh this morning
Little gull - 1 on fresh marsh this morning
Grasshopper warbler - 1 singing from bramble bushes on grazing meadow
Red crested pochard - 2 pairs on Patsy's reedbed
Greenshank - 1 on saltmarsh
Bittern - male still booming
Spotted flycatcher - 1 in picnic area
White stork - 1, of unknown origin, west early afternoon

Paul

Titchwell May 10th

Today's highlights

Temminck's stint - 1 still present on fresh marsh
Black tern - 1 on fresh marsh late afternoon
Little stint - 3 around the reserve
Common sandpiper - 4 on fresh marsh
Bittern - booming male in reedbed

Paul

Titchwell May 11th

Today's highlights

Temmincks stint - 3 still on the fresh marsh today but generally elusive
Spotted flycatcher - 1 on Meadow Trail
Turtle dove - 1 singing on Meadow Trail this afternoon
Common sandpiper - 6 on fresh marsh
Ringed plover - 47 on fresh marsh
Cuckoo - 2 around reserve
Little stint - 2 on fresh marsh
Little gull - 1st summer on fresh marsh
Greenshank - 1 on saltmarsh

Paul

Hi
Spending a couple of days in Norfolk. Today we did an area called Barrow Common, just inland from Brancaster Staithe. Lots of Whitethroat, Blackcap, some Chiffchaff and Willow Warbler. Six Buzzard, one Red Kite, Sparrowhawk and Kestrel. Some Red-legged Partridge, four Cuckoo and a singing Turtle Dove - my first for years (see back of camera shot below).
Martin

Attachments

• Turtle Dove Barrow Common Norfolk 12.v.2016.jpg
    Turtle Dove Barrow Common Norfolk 12.v.2016.jpg
    542.7 KB · Views: 123
Titchwell May 15th

Today's highlights

Temminck's stint - 1 still on fresh marsh but elusive
Common sandpiper - 6 on fresh marsh
Ruff - 1 on fresh marsh
Greenshank - 1 on tidal pool
Long tailed duck - female reported offshore
Med gull - 4 on fresh marsh
Red kite - 1 west
Cuckoo - 3 around the reserve

Paul

Titchwell May 16th

Today's highlights

Arctic tern - 1 on fresh marsh this afternoon
Greenshank - 1 on fresh marsh
Med gull - 2 on fresh marsh
Pink footed goose - 1 on fresh marsh
Bittern - booming male still present

This is the last update for a couple of weeks as I will be on leave

Paul

Got some superb views last night {17th} of a Short-Eared-Owl at the top of the Halvagate road just of the road to the marsh. Just sat on top of a gate post looking streight at us. My mate Kev got some great photo's. What a fantastic Owl this is

Breeding Avocets 2015

Hi All

I am in the process of writing the Avocet species account for the 2015 Norfolk Bird and Mammal Report and I am missing breeding information for several sites for 2015.

The sites include: Cantley, Buckenham Marshes, Potter Heigham, Horsey, Stiffkey Fen, Strumpshaw and any other sites in the Yare Valley or the Broads.

If any one has any additional info for these sites, they can email me at [email protected], all information will be treated as confidential if requested.

Many thanks for any help

Three Turtle Doves and two Corn Buntings amongst other birds on the concrete pad at Choseley Drying Barns on Saturday evening.

Best Wishes
Penny:girl:

Three Turtle Doves and two Corn Buntings amongst other birds on the concrete pad at Choseley Drying Barns on Saturday evening.

Best Wishes
Penny:girl:

Coming down on Tuesday, hope they'll still be there, I love my Norfolk trip every May, been coming for 30 years, a beautiful place.

The countryside teaming with birds this morning before the heavy cloud came over.

4 Turtle Dove, 2 Corn Bunting, Nightingale, scores of Blackcap, Whitethroat, Yellowhammer, Willow Warbler and Chiffchaff all looking, and sounding, fantastic in the warm sun.

BOPS on show too with Red Kite, Buzzard, Marsh Harrier, Sparrowhawk, Kestrel and Hobby all seen during a short spell in the north west corner of Norfolk.

What a great county we live in.

Blakeney Point v. quiet today migrant-wise. Black Redstart, Chiffchaff and Collared Dove (a rare visitor to the Point) in the plantation were the highlights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back