• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Norfolk Butterflies and Moths (3 Viewers)

Nothing reported on here since last year, but if anyone is interested, seen a report today of a silver-spotted skipper in Norfolk, 1st record since 1880 (think that was the year quoted)

Nothing reported on here since last year, but if anyone is interested, seen a report today of a silver-spotted skipper in Norfolk, 1st record since 1880 (think that was the year quoted)
There's a record in the NBIS database from 1915 apparently . No idea where this one came from but it was seen last year as well so either someone releasing them or there's a colony near to where it was seen. Worth keeping an eye out anywhere in TL69 area, somewhere that isn't visited much at this time of year seems likely, so ten mile bank or cut-off channel possibly, or perhaps a private site. I'm assuming a reserve would have thrown up sightings by now.

Can you share the exact date and site please? Might it/they be twitchable?

Also Norfolk Butterfly recorder and website offline due to illness at the moment. I was trying to share details of and get more background to the recent Cley Swallowtail.

Can you share the exact date and site please? Might it/they be twitchable?

Also Norfolk Butterfly recorder and website offline due to illness at the moment. I was trying to share details of and get more background to the recent Cley Swallowtail.
Just spent the last 40 minutes going through different fb groups looking for the post. Found it in the end, this was from yesterday but photo dated 5th July

Attachments

• 20230806_204659.jpg
    20230806_204659.jpg
    915.1 KB · Views: 17

Users who are viewing this thread

Back