• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

North Bali Bird ID help please (1 Viewer)

Mollymola

Hi Folks
Hoping someone can help identify 2 different birds for me from the song alone. Very sorry but I could not see what was singing.
We live near the sea in NW Bali about 15Km east of the Barat National Park. The area is not very developed so open farmland & forest nearby as well as the sea of course.
A couple of nights ago (7oct19) we heard a sound new to us ( labelled night bird bali) first a solitary bird then a couple calling for a long time to past midnight.

The second is a daytime bird, sang in the morning (not what I think is a coucal in the background)

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• night bird bali1.m4a
    368.8 KB · Views: 15
  • night bird bali2.m4a
    421.6 KB · Views: 10
  • morning bird bali3.m4a
    740 KB · Views: 22

Grahame Walbridge

And the 2nd (3) sounds like a Black-naped Oriole, different from birds in mainland SE Asia, but this would be a different taxa and I know the vocalisations vary across the range.

Grahame

Mollymola

Oooh wow. We have occasionally seen an oriole around. If this is it I shall keep very quiet about it as I am well aware of some of the practices in this area. Thank you again

Users who are viewing this thread