• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

North Wales this weekend (1 Viewer)

trealawboy

A bit of a last minute plea, I know, but I'm off to north Wales for the weekend and hope a few BFers can suggest some sites worth visiting.

I've arranged to see black grouse and ospreys with the RSPB on Sunday, and plan to visit Gronant for little terns tomorrow evening. Hope they're in by now!

I'm considering Cemlyn Bay and Llanfairfechan too, with the prospect of American golden plover and black scoter which have both been seen recently but not yesterday.

Its possible, I'll have some time on Sunday to visit another site or two before the long journey back south.

Where should I go?

If you're just stopping off on the way home my personal favourites include; RSPB Dinas which is a lovely spot and good for Pied Flycathcer, Redstart, and occasionally Spotted Flycatcher, and I love Tregaron Bog which can turn up something special any day of the year (Wood sandpiper last week). Both require a little walking 1 hour max and you could even fit both in if you can stomach the roads in between.

Lee

Conway RSPB reserve is often worth a look in (SH802770). Padarn Country Park (SH580615) has Redstart, Pied Flycatcher, Wood Warbler and sometimes Ring Ouzel (in the Slate Quarry) and I saw Ring Ouzel in Llanberis Pass (around SH628570) early June last year.

Have a great weekend!

James

Try this link and go on the sightings page.But if you do find anything interesting post it on the www.northwalesbirding.co.uk Forum or Birdline Wales. john

Thanks John, I was aware of the North Wales Birding site but hadn't seen any posts re: Penmachno.

I'll make sure I post my sightings on North Wales Birding site but if anyone can recommend any sites nearby for birding it would be appreciated.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back