• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Northern Germany Bremer Harfen 2x Gull I.D? (1 Viewer)

Thomas H

Good evening everyone. Another one that I Need confirmation on as this whole Gull complex has me a Little unsure about correct I.D's?

Photo 1 for me is a Argentatus in my opinion. Herring Gull although it is hard to say how light Grey Argenteus should be? I believe that the pink legs and the plump look should be right for Herring gull. Also the red seems to be confined to the lower mandible....

Photo 2 & 3 for me is a Lesser black Backed Gull; Probably type graellsii as Idon't think the Grey is dark enough for Fuscus. Although certain things about this gull are bothering me....Would love to hear what the experts think?

Attachments

• DSC_5313_DxO - Kopie.jpg
    DSC_5313_DxO - Kopie.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC_5319_DxO - Kopie.jpg
    DSC_5319_DxO - Kopie.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC_5327_DxO - Kopie.jpg
    DSC_5327_DxO - Kopie.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 33
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back