• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nuevo/Puerto Vallarta (1 Viewer)

Deb335077

Can anyone offer any information regarding birding in this area at the end of Oct/beginning of Nov this year with where to go,we wont have transport so either public transport or a guide with transport would be required. What can be seen at this time.

thanks
Debbie

I don't know how feasible or suitable the following suggestion might be for you, but if you're going to be in that area, consider birding with Mark Stackhouse. He lives in San Blas (close enough to Puerto Vallarta) and he's an amazingly good guide (and nice person too!). I flew into Puerto Vallarta a couple of years ago, and it's just a built up resort town, so I was most definitely glad to give it a wide berth and explore the much more interesting and birdful countryside with Mark.
Here's his facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/mark.stackhouse.31

Hi Deb, I've just been looking into this myself. It looks like birding in the immediate vicinity of PV may not be all that amazing, but birding in the immediate vicinity of San Blas looks utterly mind blowing.

If you have time it must be worth getting to San Blas (apparently 3 and a half hours on local bus from PV, though not that far as crow flies), spending a couple of nights there, and birding some sites round there. There's a brilliant book I've just bought - A bird-finding guide to Mexico, by Steve Howell, lots of sites described in that area, including ones easily reached without your own car . Book pretty cheap on Amazon, and some second hand copies available, probably well worth getting, even if it just gets you to a couple of the best sites during your trip.

If we go it won't be until Jan, have a great trip :t:

Larry

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back