• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

NY ID help - USA (1 Viewer)

sea sluggers

United States
Hello! I'm still learning my birds and would love some ID help with several recent ones I saw in Brooklyn in mid April. Some good pics, others not so much.

Is this one a House Sparrow?

Attachments

• A1.jpg
    A1.jpg
    401.5 KB · Views: 6
  • A2.jpg
    A2.jpg
    360.8 KB · Views: 6
Butty, which one are you unsure about? There's one (no, two) with yellow lores and a clean white crest line, but it's not the one with the missing tail feather(s).

A1 and A2 are male house sparrows.

B is a hermit thrush.

C1 and C2 are female house sparrows.

E1 and E2 are savannah sparrows.

F is a song sparrow, G is a yellow-rumped warbler ("myrtle" type if I recall correctly)

Two male House Sparrows
Hermit Thrush
Two female House Sparrows
Two Savannah Sparrows
Song Sparrow (l), male Yellow-rumped Warbler (r)

I confused myself thinking there was an A1 to A4
You've ignored whose comment I was replying to: there is an A1 and an A2, but not an A3 or an A4. If you read my comment and the one I replied to, it will be clear to you.
I confused myself erroneously thinking there was A1-a4

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back