• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ochraceous Pewee (1 Viewer)

Jim M.

Member since 2007
Supporter
United States
A first photo for this species was recently added to Opus, but it is from below and the bird is small and it is hard to see the structure. While not perfect photos, I think these might be a good supplement or substitute.

Both taken in Costa Rica on March 14, 2012 at Paraiso de Quetzales, which is in San Jose province.

Jim

Attachments

• Ochraceous Pewee 1.JPG
    Ochraceous Pewee 1.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 70
  • Ochraceous Pewee 2.jpg
    Ochraceous Pewee 2.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Thanks Jim,
I have not had time to look into this species until today. While the books report some yellow on the rear belly, the two photos you have look quite different in extent, and the first one looks more similar to the opus image. Could you please comment on that?

thanks
Niels

Thanks Jim,
I have not had time to look into this species until today. While the books report some yellow on the rear belly, the two photos you have look quite different in extent, and the first one looks more similar to the opus image. Could you please comment on that?

thanks
Niels

Hi Niels,

The photos are the same bird taken only a few seconds apart--after it flew to a different perch. Different lighting in the two photos do make them look a bit different. Bird was ID'd by a veteran professional bird guide with previous experience with the species.

Best,
Jim

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back