• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Odd Falcon...bad image, NE.London. (1 Viewer)

KenM

A shutter burst on Tuesday 1.9.20 resulted in half dozen frames of a going away ''Hobby'', as most were rear view, some out of focus, I deleted them, unbeknowingly retaining one silhouetted image, which I viewed for the first time today!

Any comments appreciated.

Cheers

Attachments

• P2310408.jpeg   Falcon1..jpeg
    P2310408.jpeg Falcon1..jpeg
    47.8 KB · Views: 148
Maybe you need to edit the title of the thread to 'bad image' :t: and haven't you posted this before?

No definitely haven’t posted this before (albeit I’ve posted it in the wrong section:-C) definitely wasn’t Sprawk or Kestrel! Have had Hobbies nesting nearby and am very “familiar” with their structure and flight mode. I dismissed it immediately as a “going away Hobby” long scythed wings, the back was a dark slate blue and as the images were of no value I deleted all bar one...I just don’t know, very frustrating!

Cheers

For what little it may be worth, it looks more like a Sparrowhawk than a Kestrel to me.

No definitely haven’t posted this before (albeit I’ve posted it in the wrong section:-C) definitely wasn’t Sprawk or Kestrel! Have had Hobbies nesting nearby and am very “familiar” with their structure and flight mode. I dismissed it immediately as a “going away Hobby” long scythed wings, the back was a dark slate blue and as the images were of no value I deleted all bar one...I just don’t know, very frustrating!

Cheers

I thought it was intentionally placed here! If you had done so you'd have been accruing massive 'brownie' points with everyone o:D

I guess that the other point, aside from not point (and shoot) is don't delete ANY photos that you think that you may conceivably want (ie never delete any photos, ever), or perhaps more appropriate, don't ever open any bad shots up and get tempted to worry about 'what they might have been' ;) ;) Save yourself a lot of stress and grief, personally and on here.

But then, would life lose its edge?! ;)

Tail looks too long and kinked for anything (jesses??), but hey ...

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back