• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Odd moth NE.London. (1 Viewer)

KenM

Found this Noctuid last night, can’t seem to place it in Lewingtons, help appreciated.

Cheers D6FFD96B-3CD1-488D-A7D3-3F6942AA3316.jpeg

KenM

Small Brindled Beauty.
Cheers A, hope I’m forgiven for not spotting it in the book, as there does appear to be a discrepancy between the illustrations and the image. I suppose I’ll have to lean towards the more variable extreme in the future.👍

aeshna5

Cheers A, hope I’m forgiven for not spotting it in the book, as there does appear to be a discrepancy between the illustrations and the image. I suppose I’ll have to lean towards the more variable extreme in the future.👍
They do seem quite variable as are many moths. Certainly at the darker end of the spectrum.

Andy Adcock

England
Ken, because you can't ID a moth or a bird, this does not always make it 'odd', I'd really like to know how many threads you've started with that word in the title ;)

dantheman

Bah humbug

;-)

Skinner shows a lot more variation in moths - found it quite handy before it got wet and went mouldy.

KenM

Ken, because you can't ID a moth or a bird, this does not always make it 'odd', I'd really like to know how many threads you've started with that word in the title ;)
I use the term “odd” Andy when,
the subject is at variance to the regular or norm (usually birds) or when I’ve painstakingly thumbed through Lewingtons a dozen times...and have been unable to assign it......OK sunshine. 😉

Users who are viewing this thread