• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Of Twite, Tree Sparrows & Yellowhammers. (1 Viewer)

Ptarmi

Dick Glasgow
Hi, :hi:

I've been living in North Antrim for a number of years now & there are three birds I'd really like to see.

I've never actually seen a Twite in the wild, rarely seen a Tree Sparrow & haven't seen a Yellowhammer for nearly 20 years & miss his glorious, if repetitive, little song.

Any suggestions?

Cheers
Dick

For Tree Sparrows a fairly sure bet is Portmore RSPB reserve around the shelter. With patience it is almost 100%
For Twite, around the coast in Winter. Last sighting was on Rathlin in May just above the view point at the West Light.
Yellowhammers occasional sites in Co Down
All the best

For Tree Sparrows a fairly sure bet is Portmore RSPB reserve around the shelter. With patience it is almost 100%
For Twite, around the coast in Winter. Last sighting was on Rathlin in May just above the view point at the West Light.
Yellowhammers occasional sites in Co Down
All the best
Thanks very much for the tips Tully.

Incidentally, RE: your tailpiece. I was hitchhiking across Germany, back in 1981 & was picked up by a Gliding enthusiast who also loved Birds of Prey.

Anyway, when he learned that I had worked in Falconry full time for about a year, he drove to the airfield where his Glider was kept & took me up - my first time in a Glider.
During the flight I enjoyed the truly wonderful experience of soaring in the same thermal as two Buzzards!
An unforgettable experience!

Cheers
Dick

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back