• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opticron Aurora problem/fault? (1 Viewer)

paddyluke

Wales
i purchased a pair of Opticron Aurora binoculars, as soon as i tried them i knew there was a fault as i suffered eye strain,i sent them to Opticron for recollimation,when i received them back i noticed the the rings below the eyepieces(opticron & aurora vhd printed on them) were turning freely,if anyone else has a pair of Opticron Aurora please would you let me know if these rings are turning freely on yours,thanks

1631181641254.png

8x42 owner, and that isn't right. Should not be moving. At all.

Hope you get it sorted as the Aurora is a first class bin.

8x42 owner, and that isn't right. Should not be moving. At all.

Hope you get it sorted as the Aurora is a first class bin.
I have a pair of 10x42 Aurora and those rings don't move on mine.
Hope you get yours sorted, as i really enjoy using them.
many thanks, i've lost confidence in my pair,they have never been out the house other than sent back to Opticron,i sent an email to Opticron last friday and had a reply this morning saying that the rings were not touched when they were recollimated,i only noticed because the "Opticron & Aurora" logos were facing sideways and not on top:(

All sounds frustrating and certainly not what should be happening with a new pair of binoculars. I hope opticron customer service will sort everything out for you. £800 is a considerable investment in a pair of binoculars!

All sounds frustrating and certainly not what should be happening with a new pair of binoculars. I hope opticron customer service will sort everything out for you. £800 is a considerable investment in a pair of binoculars!
tell me about it,the most i've spent on a pair of binoculars before the Auroras was £200 for s/h Opticron imagic vhd,always try to buy opticrons because i've never had any problems before

many thanks, i've lost confidence in my pair,they have never been out the house other than sent back to Opticron,i sent an email to Opticron last friday and had a reply this morning saying that the rings were not touched when they were recollimated,i only noticed because the "Opticron & Aurora" logos were facing sideways and not on top:(

Seriously - You should contact them again and get a totally new unit. Those rings should NOT move. At all.

I am head over heels in love with mine - fit my face and hands like they were tailor-made. Pains me to read of a problem like this when I know that in the field these are total perfromers.

emailed Opticron and to be fair Opticron they said that they will replace my binoculars:)
Yeah, I've been nothing but impressed by Opticrons service department. Had a minor problem with my MM4, paid postage to get it seen to, fixed and returned no charge within 10 days.

Enjoy the bins when they turn up. I'm totally besotted with mine.

could you tell me if bird forum have a buy 7 sell section as im looking for opticrons to but the top end is to much for me

If you want a cracking set of Opticron binoculars - the Traveller 8x32 is a smashing set of bins.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back