• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opticron Aurora Review (1 Viewer)

Aurora wins on CA in both 8 and 10x - and imho - also wins on the entire image package.
You please write how exactly you compared. I happen to have both binoculars presently available.
I do not like that you and some others constantly claim - without giving any facts, indices! Such a thing repels halfway intelligent readers.

Mutual entries in our ignore lists are uninteresting - at least for third parties. You are my clown, thanks.
🤣😂😇

SteveC: Almost good:
Blue ring around the eyepiece aperture? Not bad, only remarkable when squinting for edge blur.
Very remarkable:
Eyecups lower/shorter than the metallic bezel of the eyepiece lenses!
Scratching of eyeglass lenses with screwed-in eyecups!
I love tests without noticing very important things!

Where the blue ring on the field diaphragm comes from would really interest me. You really only see it when you turn your eyes to check the really good edge sharpness. Not a technical defect of the binoculars - but a remarkable effect.

The too short eyecups (screwed in - in the eyeglass wearer mode) compared to the metallic bezel of the eyepiece lenses are to be criticized and not to be overlooked! Ratal, SteveC - so please!

Last edited:
You are insignificant, that is why no one likes you on the Julich forum. Get lost.
I don't know what you mean, but I tried the search function regarding your too frequent and mostly meaningless and single line posts:
Mostly only 1 useless sentence.
Thank you in the future to write less and more informative.
Reminder: The thread is about Opticron, only comparatively and hopefully with facts about Nikon!

I haven't logged into or commented in any forum for about 9 years or so now. But one thing I do remember about a few of my past rude or testy remarks in response to another's post or message, was that it generally occurred after I had one too many shots of Captain Morgan. To those I apologize. Some interesting reading here over the past week or so. Good to see many of the posts from the old crew and the new. I haven't bought a new bino in almost 8 years and probably need to start getting rid of some of the 45 + pair I own. But, reading all these different reviews again, gets the old bino addiction stirred up again.

Tom
If that's what you think - then that's the way it must be. someone, somewhere

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back