• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

P950 'Birdwatching' mode (1 Viewer)

Charlie Spencer

United States
Hi. Could someone post the settings that are applied when the birdwatching mode is selected on a P950, or what the equivalent mode is on a P1000?

Thanks!

Hi Charlie

Here's a screenshot of the properties from one of my pictures taken on a P900 (I presume that the P950 would be similar)

Of course, some of the settings change according to the light conditions.

In addition you can adjust the EV to suit and select multi-shot.

HTH

Attachments

• BF Camera Properties.jpg
    BF Camera Properties.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 72
The P1000 Bird setting is basically multi burst shot (7) while retaining auto. It presets at 800mm but you can change that in or out at will with the Zoom button.

Den

It sounded like Charlie was unable to find the bird setting?

Niels
I don't have either one (yet). The assorted specs show the P950 had a scene mode specifically named 'Birdwatching'. None of the web resources I've looked at say the P1000 has a corresponding mode. I'm trying to determine

a) if there is a 'Birdwatching' scene mode on the P1000,
b) if there isn't, what settings the P950 uses in that mode so they could possibly be replicated on the P1000, and
c) whether I'm man enough to tote that bazooka around for three to five hours.

I don't have either one (yet). The assorted specs show the P950 had a scene mode specifically named 'Birdwatching'. None of the web resources I've looked at say the P1000 has a corresponding mode. I'm trying to determine

a) if there is a 'Birdwatching' scene mode on the P1000,
b) if there isn't, what settings the P950 uses in that mode so they could possibly be replicated on the P1000, and
c) whether I'm man enough to tote that bazooka around for three to five hours.

Think you'll kick yourself when you find out where it is.
Its basically on the main dial, there a picture of a bird indicating it.

Page 31 of the 1000 manual...just a brief mention of bird mode. as said before, it is auto but with burst and a preset zoom if you want to change it from the default 800mm :) I rarely use it, I select S (shutter) and adjust the speed for anything moving about a bit, but with everything else on auto including burst (up to 7 shots)

While I am here, you can adjust the EVF brightness quite considerably,and it is very bright :)

Den

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back