• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Paddyfield Pipit (Anthus rufulus)? Borneo (1 Viewer)

dixonlau

Malaysia
There should be just one Paddyfield Pipit (Anthus rufulus) and no other similar looking pipit right? I'm confirming incase I wrongly identify them. Thanks.

Taken last December, 2020 near wetland, Sarawak, Malaysian Borneo

PIC-20201217-150735-DSC07189-A7R3a-denoise-sharpen.jpg

That's not a pipit - look at its tail. I assume it's striated grassbird.
Oh, I was referring (** IN REFERENCE CHECK AGAINST ) to my separate day of Paddyfield Pipit ID at post (https://www.birdforum.net/threads/not-sure-which-type-pipit-borneo.394390/#post-4060824). ( THAT IS WHY I'M GUESSING IT IS PIPIT IN THE FIRST PLACE **)

Separate time sighted Paddyfield Pipit at different location.
resize_PIC-20200916-135005-DSC00091a.jpg
resize_PIC-20200916-135011-DSC00093a.jpg

The tail does seems different :unsure: Longer

Here are few more shots of the same bird I posted earlier.
PIC-20201217-150716-DSC07188-A7R3.JPG
PIC-20201217-150934-DSC07217-A7R3.JPG
PIC-20201217-150935-DSC07218-A7R3.JPG

It does looks like as you mentioned, Striated Grassbird

Last edited:
Now I'm not sure what you're actually asking about.
I will happily pass on the pipits.
The pipit-like thing with the long spiky graduated tail is - I assume - as I said, a striated grassbird.

Last edited:
Now I'm not sure what your actually asking about.
I will happily pass on the pipits.
The pipit-like thing with the long spiky graduated tail is - I assume - as I said, a striated grassbird.
I mean I'm guessing it is Paddyfield Pipit because I was reference to my separate day sighted Paddyfield Pipit. I didn't realize the new one I posted just now could be Striated Grassbird. Sorry about my previous reply confusion.

By looking at its tail as you mentioned, it does looks like Striated Grassbird. I have not seen or photographed this species before. That is why I'm confused with pipit.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back