• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Passerine bird identification-Northwest Turkey (1 Viewer)

cduruk

Turkey
These photos are from the same area, same day.
The first two photos are of the same bird. I think it is a eurasian linnet, but I have some doubt on the bill. Is it too big for a linnet? Any other alternatives for this bird?
There are three birds in the third photo, I marked them. These were part of a flock with at least 50 birds. I think they are eurasian linnets too. But the heavily streaked back confuses me, that looks like a dunnock in a way, since we cannot see the bill. Any chance these are dunnocks? Any other alternatives for this bird?
November 2021, Northwest Turkey.
Many thanks in advance,

Attachments

• IMG_4710-açık-2-crop.JPG
    IMG_4710-açık-2-crop.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_4711-açık-crop.JPG
    IMG_4711-açık-crop.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_4713-açık-crop-işaretli.jpg
    IMG_4713-açık-crop-işaretli.jpg
    911.3 KB · Views: 125
I would like to thank to all the contributors, including the ones agreeing by liking. To summarize, the first bird is thought to be a chaffinch, and the second a linnet. There has not been any other opinion or disagreement. Then I arrange my records accordingly. Best regards to all,

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back