• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Passerine sp. seen in Glacier NP (Apgar Visitor Center and Campground Area) [June 4, 2021] (1 Viewer)

lgonz1008

United States
Can't figure out what this bird could be, I've gotten recommendations of everything from Cassin's Finch to Chipping Sparrow and from Common Redpoll to Warbler sp.

It was seen in coniferous habitat singing by the side of the trail early morning (I do not recall the call).

Any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• DSCN9373.JPG
    DSCN9373.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 55
  • DSCN9374.JPG
    DSCN9374.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 54
  • DSCN9375.JPG
    DSCN9375.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 54
For those who may be wondering, this would be in northern Montana, USA. For those who may be wandering, this would be a great place to visit. As for the bird, the first picture looks a little like a Chipping Sparrow, but I really can't tell.

For those who may be wondering, this would be in northern Montana, USA. For those who may be wandering, this would be a great place to visit. As for the bird, the first picture looks a little like a Chipping Sparrow, but I really can't tell.
Glad you added the location belatedly because my mind immediately went here.

Sorry for the location confusion, and thank you for confirming it was Chipping Sparrow. There were a few of them on the trail but that one was singing differently and way higher in the canopy that made me unsure of the species.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back