• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Peep Barbados this weekend (1 Viewer)

njlarsen

Gallery Moderator
Opus Editor
Supporter
Barbados
I have some remaining doubt about this one. I believe all three images show the same individual.

Niels

Attachments

• Peep c P1170251.JPG
    Peep c P1170251.JPG
    163.7 KB · Views: 63
  • Peep b P1170248.JPG
    Peep b P1170248.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 63
  • Peep a P1170246.JPG
    Peep a P1170246.JPG
    155.6 KB · Views: 63

njlarsen

Gallery Moderator
Opus Editor
Supporter
Barbados
Thanks both. I will have to check the originals but I had the impression of blackish legs. Additionally, at one time there was a least within 1/2 meter from this one and there was a visible size difference.

Niels

Deb Burhinus

Used to be well known! ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Europe
A/ Please upload the original images or at least a lightened version of these
b/ If not a Least, what did you have in mind since you give the impression by your OP, you have all but identified it as something else. What answer are you looking for?

Donโ€™t forget legs on waders often look much darker to due mud/glare.

njlarsen

Gallery Moderator
Opus Editor
Supporter
Barbados
Thanks Deb, blowing the image up to 2-300% of what it was and playing with the lightning are things I need to do. There was a white-rumped sandpiper there, but I was wondering if there also was a semipalmated still here. I will have time for that in a few hours, I hope

Niels

Deb Burhinus

Europe
ok perhaps you dont mind if I re-upload a lightened version of the image in the OPas it is too dark to make out plumage?

njlarsen

Gallery Moderator
Opus Editor
Supporter
Barbados
Looking at several images, and using the sampler in the editing program, I am pretty confident we cannot say anything about the color of the legs. They are just as green as the non-living items around them, there seems to have been a lot of algae in that water.

Here is an image blown up - it is the same image Deb worked on except I started from the RAW image, for whatever difference that might make. If this is unidentifiable that is ok too.

Niels

Attachments

• Peep d P1170246.jpg
    Peep d P1170246.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 15

Deb Burhinus

Europe
Those legs definitely look yellow green on my monitor - compare them to the colour of the bill! Saying they are the same colour (which they are not exactly- more yellow) as the vegetation actually supports the legs being yellowish green. You can even see the hind toe - those legs donโ€™t looked drapped in algae to me.

Users who are viewing this thread