• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

peeps Barbados yesterday (1 Viewer)

njlarsen

Gallery Moderator
Opus Editor
Supporter
Barbados
A couple of different images of birds that also deviated when seen in the field. May just be yet a variation of the common stuff. In the second image the question is in the left edge; I have kept a spotted sand to the right in the crop to give a feel for what the camera did to the colors.

Any help appreciated.

Niels

Attachments

• Peep 1 P1160475.JPG
    Peep 1 P1160475.JPG
    290.4 KB · Views: 58
  • Peep 2 P1160489.jpg
    Peep 2 P1160489.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 49

THE_FERN

First bird I'd say Semi-palmated Sandpiper.

Agree: for example it has an extensive greyish breast band. I'm not clear about the second bird: I see apparently contradictory things in it. If the legs are blackish (do I see yellowish?) and the relative size doesn't rule it out, then why not another semi-?

njlarsen

Gallery Moderator
Opus Editor
Supporter
Barbados
Semip certainly is the most common peep around here. Most of them do not have the strong breast band. For the second bird, it shows a stronger contrast wing to breast than other birds that day, that was why I did not feel sure.

Niels

Users who are viewing this thread