• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pentax 65ed + canon 710is (1 Viewer)

eddieh

Hello all

Although all the info I've read suggests that using a camera with anything over a 3x (maybe 4x) zoom is unlikely to work, I've just bought a Canon 710 to use with my 65ed. I think it will be OK once I get use to it (I'm not only new to digiscoping but new to digital compacts too.) The lens fits quite snugly in the eyecup of the XW14 eyepiece which is a bonus as I had intended to handhold. My main problem is that I'm having desperate problems focusing and composing shots due to the fact that the screen performs very well as a mirror. Could anyone suggest any technique or product to combat this so that I can see what I'm photographing rather than my own mug?

Ta

Eddie

There is a slim chance that the reflection will be polarized. Have you tried looking at it through polarizer sunglasses or filter ? You might have to rotate the polarizer to check for the best effect. Probably end up too dark ...

Mike.

Thanks Mike

I have tried using polarising sunglasses but the possibility of the screen being polarised didn't occur to me. I'll try rotating the sunglasses and see what happens. :)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back