• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pentax Optio A20 (1 Viewer)

Du Nok

Has anyone in this forum using the Pentax Optio A20 for digiscoping?if yes,does it perform as good as the Fuji F30 when taking bird and wildlife photos?

Thanks,

Jason

I have ordered one which should arrive tomorrow (29/12/06)
I will let you know once I`ve had a chance to try it out.
Only down side is the remote won`t arrive for another 3/4 weeks.

Thanks busyb,looking forward to hear your comment on this camera,it looks promising for digiscoping.

busyb said:
I have ordered one which should arrive tomorrow (29/12/06)
I will let you know once I`ve had a chance to try it out.
Only down side is the remote won`t arrive for another 3/4 weeks.

I tried the camera for the first time today, I`m still finding the best settings.
The feature I like best compared to my other camera (Olympus Mu 800 )
is that you can select a nil time delay when using the remote, so hopefully I`ll
get less shots of empty branches.It`s a shame it`s not waterproof like the Olympus.
Attached are a couple of the first shots.

Attachments

• em-Great Tit.jpg
    em-Great Tit.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 179
  • em-GSW.jpg
    em-GSW.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 185
The result from your trial shots are not bad,but I can see some colour fringe on the photos,is that cause by the camera lens or your scope?I do notice this from my Canon A95,but not found in my Olmypus-C5060.One of my friend told me the Optio A20 is not suitable for digiscoping,but I guess he may be wrong.Anyway,do keep posting more good shots,I'm trying to convince myself to get one of this camera or the Fuji F31fs.

busyb said:
I tried the camera for the first time today, I`m still finding the best settings.
The feature I like best compared to my other camera (Olympus Mu 800 )
is that you can select a nil time delay when using the remote, so hopefully I`ll
get less shots of empty branches.It`s a shame it`s not waterproof like the Olympus.
Attached are a couple of the first shots.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back