• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Peregrines, pippits and fulmars (1 Viewer)

teamsaint

That's a great shot, especially when viewed at full size. There were lots of Guillemots and a few Razorbills at Durlston this morning, also a Peregrine (quite possibly the same one). You probably won't see terns until april as they are later migrants, I did see a Sandwich Tern at Sandbanks recently but that will have been over-wintering.

QuantumTiger

That's a great shot, especially when viewed at full size. There were lots of Guillemots and a few Razorbills at Durlston this morning, also a Peregrine (quite possibly the same one). You probably won't see terns until april as they are later migrants, I did see a Sandwich Tern at Sandbanks recently but that will have been over-wintering.
Ah. Cool. Thanks for the heads up. Only really decided this year to target some seabird shots and I'm still at the stage of working out what's where when! I found the JNCC Seabird Survey to be a useful resource - but their dots are not a very precise way of locating the best place to be!

Users who are viewing this thread