• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Peregrines, pippits and fulmars (1 Viewer)

That's a great shot, especially when viewed at full size. There were lots of Guillemots and a few Razorbills at Durlston this morning, also a Peregrine (quite possibly the same one). You probably won't see terns until april as they are later migrants, I did see a Sandwich Tern at Sandbanks recently but that will have been over-wintering.

That's a great shot, especially when viewed at full size. There were lots of Guillemots and a few Razorbills at Durlston this morning, also a Peregrine (quite possibly the same one). You probably won't see terns until april as they are later migrants, I did see a Sandwich Tern at Sandbanks recently but that will have been over-wintering.
Ah. Cool. Thanks for the heads up. Only really decided this year to target some seabird shots and I'm still at the stage of working out what's where when! I found the JNCC Seabird Survey to be a useful resource - but their dots are not a very precise way of locating the best place to be!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back