• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Peter Scott Painting (1 Viewer)

gy.smith

I found a thread posted back in 2011 in which someone stated they had a Peter Scott original painting and inquired what they should do with it. Sadly, the thread seemed to fade away without any resolution about what was done with that painting.
Interestingly, I find myself in a similar situation as my Mom has left me a Peter Scott original, oil on board (24.5 x 30 inches), titled "Lapwings and a Narrow Boat". It is a beautiful work, although I am struggling a bit trying to find out its true value and what to do with it.
I suspect it would be appreciated more in the UK than over here on the west coast of Canada, but I am looking at all options. Any suggestions on what to do with this piece of fine art?

I found a thread posted back in 2011 in which someone stated they had a Peter Scott original painting and inquired what they should do with it. Sadly, the thread seemed to fade away without any resolution about what was done with that painting.
Interestingly, I find myself in a similar situation as my Mom has left me a Peter Scott original, oil on board (24.5 x 30 inches), titled "Lapwings and a Narrow Boat". It is a beautiful work, although I am struggling a bit trying to find out its true value and what to do with it.
I suspect it would be appreciated more in the UK than over here on the west coast of Canada, but I am looking at all options. Any suggestions on what to do with this piece of fine art?

Give it to me......;)

Contact these people I guess, could be worth quite a bit, if you're not attached to it, it would fund a nice trip I think?

https://www.invaluable.co.uk/catalo...gref=&tdt=&wa=&alf=1&isbin=&fdt=&categoryid=0

It's not this boat is it, could add to the value if it is?

https://www.waterways.org.uk/blog/peter_scott_narrow_boat_beatrice

A

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Andy. I have managed to convince Bonhams auctions that it might make a nice addition to their forthcoming Modern British & Irish Art auction in Knightsbridge on 4th December.

I believe the narrow boat in the painting might be Beatrice, but it is difficult to tell for sure as it a bit distant. Here is an image of the painting.

Attachments

• Small file size_Peter Scott.jpg
    Small file size_Peter Scott.jpg
    473.5 KB · Views: 89
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back